Tuesday, May 12, 2009

From My Collection

I've been equal parts busy, uninspired and neglectful when it came to keeping up this blog over the past month. With my extended work trip up to the bay area and constantly shifting schedule back here (with a fair number of social engagements to provide distraction), posting snarky comments about hundred year old photos hasn't been anywhere near on my mind.


I promised I would post something from my own small collection of vintage snapshots, and I think I chose the right one. No real back story on this one. I got it on my last trip to the flea market on Fairfax. I have no idea who these people are. I wish I knew the story or even the year (my guess is c. 1915). Can anyone identify that steel bridge-structure behind them?

So there you have it: the first update in almost a month. (I feel so ashamed!) I thought this post would double nicely as a tribute to some friends (and they shall remain nameless by request) who will be visiting Hawaii. After all, those things around the woman in the center are unmistakably wearing lei's. Come to think of it, it can do triple duty by also paying tribute to some new friends (themselves Hawaii transplants) I acquired while staying in San Francisco about a month ago. Everyone wins!

There will be more posts like this in the future. However, I think I will try to diversify, and write about things other than old movies, old photos and old fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment