Thursday, April 2, 2009

Jean Harlow Award for Excellence

I wasn't sure of what to write about today. I need to post something, otherwise I will have failed in my mission as a blogger. There's a lot going on but I feel extremely disinclined to write about it. After all, if I tried to work my issues out here, what would I talk to my therapist about? Jean Harlow?

I needed an excuse for posting pictures on here. A blog does not survive on written words alone. Therefore, I am creating the award for excellence in a particular field. Like being photographed wearing something I like. I will post new winners at my discretion. I am pleased to announce that today's winner is...




Jean Harlow, for her Chewbacca costume! Actually, this outfit is fantastic, don't you think? I don't know which movie this is from but I'm assuming based on the hair, that it's one of her earlier films. This is quintessential Harlow right here. You can almost see where her face ends and her hair begins. Lord only knows how many sables were harmed in the making of this fantastic example of fur coat cubism.

Also, I'm including in this post a gag photo that is most definitely associated with Red-Headed Woman. I'm reluctant to pick a favorite Harlow movie, but this one is up there. The woman holding the bottle is Gentlemen Prefer Blonds author Anita Loos, who wrote RHW's fantastic screenplay. It's a good thing we're having a power outage. It forces me to go somewhere public and do constructive things, like look for a job and stuff. Otherwise, I might be compelled to pop in that 'Forbidden Hollywood' DVD and spend an hour shouting 'Can you see through this? I'm afraid you can miss. I'll wear it!' at my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment